Monday, October 18, 2010

found myself longing for college...


Today, as I sit inside on this gorgeous fall day, I find myself longing for fall in Auburn. Or, even more, today I really would like to be taking a "let's celebrate fall" trip to the Appalachian foothills of Georgia.... the way we used to back in the day. Memories are SO closely tied to scents for me, and my mind is kind of amazing at remembering emotionally-vested events that way.

burning leaves = fall, campfires at the top of the trespassing mountain we used to visit in college, smores, the firepit behind daniel and stephen's on larry lane (med school thrown in there), being a kid in dothan where it was ok to burn your leaves within city limits... and many more.

that's all for today. have to get back to making crappy scores on my step2 quizzes...

No comments:

Post a Comment